Thursday, September 13, 2007

the dream weeper

on my way back from work, when the all too familiar message tone sounds off.

im reading and then i wonder why?
is this all a sign?? hm. hahaha??

we live, we die. lately, ive been receiving way too many messages. cardiac arrest, cancer, car accidents....im losing all my old friends. one by one. and then there were none.

and so when my chest hurts, i wonder if i should kick my nicotine habit. but then who wants to live forever? who wants to live?

as i punch this out, im listening to simple lies. there are a few lines in the song that make sense absolute.......

in death and in distance and time
you walked into my life made that quintessential change
you taught me, you accepted me for all that i was
all that i am
i am eternally grateful, i think of the times spent together
i will not get those times back, memories so distant
some beginning to fade, some so sharp and clear
i smile a wry smile, time the healer is also time the distorter
you left,
some sudden, some with warning
i understood one thing, they get taken away
they get taken away those you get close to


the week has been tumble dryer. ramadan starts today and working hours are shorter. which means more sleep.

peace out.

2 comments:

Shoonyata said...

thanks for yr comment...

line count is not intentional and the dark edge is coz of the dark past :)

Liked this post..only certainity in life is death...the rest is learning and growth.

TeacherLady said...

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. Have a girly alcoholic drink on me. Not literally on me. I don't do that. Much. BODY SHOT!
Seriously though, quit smoking. It f-cking stinks. :)

Powered By Blogger